10/26/2015 Guest Dr. Michael Lynch

Dark Matter 10/24/13 with Timothy Good. It was such a sad interview

Reactions: Lynne
The guest apparently was supposed to really know his p's and q's but just was so incredible you had to feel sorry for the man

Poor Mokey's wishing everyone goodnight, she is having terrible problems system wise

Have a good night maphoo. Night Monkey if ur still here. I m calling it a night

The show ends with Art saying to the audience... "what were going to do is um. open lines (nervous laugh)..." very awkward transition, but done as well as humanly possible He says: "I would be interested in, among other things, um... your reaction to um...Timothy Good. And mine was... (7 seconds of silence) you know what? ( 5 more seconds of silence) well I'm not going to give you my reaction (laughting) um"...

g'nite Lynne!. talk to u soon. If you listen to that show, lemme know what u think of it :) its a classic

What's a volt meter? Lol

That's a manly man question. Men...step up!

Well, since there are no manly men answering you, it is a meter that tells you how much voltage is running thro a wire, etc.

the voltmeter is a little electronics tester that has two wires that can be hooked to both ends of an electrical device to indicate the current or power that it's attatched to

:D I gotta couple V-meters. I am an electronics junky!

The volt is a measure of electric potential. Electrical potential is a type of potential energy, and refers to the energy that could be released if electric current is allowed to flow. (from Wikipedia)

An analogy: If you let a marble roll down a very steep ramp and then let it roll down a very shallow ramp, the marble would have a greater velocity traveling down the steep ramp. A steep ramp has greater potential energy.

An analogy: If you hook up a hose to the outside water faucet and open the faucet valve a little, the water spray goes a small distance. If you open the faucet a lot, the water spray goes a greater distance. Water pressure is equivalent in this example to voltage. The higher the water pressure the higher potential energy.

In electricity, the greater the voltage, the faster the electrons can travel and the more work you can get out of a device hooked to the power source.

A volt meter measures this electrical potential.

The volt is a measure of electric potential. Electrical potential is a type of potential energy, and refers to the energy that could be released if electric current is allowed to flow. (from Wikipedia)

An analogy: If you let a marble roll down a very steep ramp and then let it roll down a very shallow ramp, the marble would have a greater velocity traveling down the steep ramp. A steep ramp has greater potential energy.

An analogy: If you hook up a hose to the outside water faucet and open the faucet valve a little, the water spray goes a small distance. If you open the faucet a lot, the water spray goes a greater distance. Water pressure is equivalent in this example to voltage. The higher the water pressure the higher potential energy.

In electricity, the greater the voltage, the faster the electrons can travel and the more work you can get out of a device hooked to the power source.

A volt meter measures this electrical potential.
Thank you!

Reactions: 7Critter