10/20/2015 - David Jacobs (re-do)

My job requires me to keep up with politics and economics globally. If we have found a type 2 civ, I am quite sure they saw us first. So, do they want to meet us when we are ready? Just putting out thoughts.

Reactions: Maphoo and Mokey
thats my take, JR. we don't know what it is, but it something very big. I can't make the leap to believing it is alien structures without proof. Just eliminating things we know it "isn't", doesn't mean it can only be alien.

Yes, that is a fancy version of God of the Gaps in my view. Just substitute God with Aliens.

Reactions: Maphoo
My job requires me to keep up with politics and economics globally. If we have found a type 2 civ, I am quite sure they saw us first. So, do they want to meet us when we are ready? Just putting out thoughts.
I'm sure that is true... But this civilization also may no longer exist too! they could have become extinct hundreds of millions of years ago, and nothing remains but their technology

I'm sure that is true... But this civilization also may no longer exist too! they could have become extinct hundreds of millions of years ago, and nothing remains but their technology

True, based on the time it takes for light to get to us.

Reactions: Mokey
True, based on the time it takes for light to get to us.
yeah, and the age of the universe has to be taken into account. if the universe is 15,000,000,000 years old, and humans have been kicking for just a few thousand.. the odds of our paths meeting at the right time are so slim, unless they are immortal

yeah, and the age of the universe has to be taken into account. if the universe is 15,000,000,000 years old, and humans have been kicking for just a few thousand.. the odds of our paths meeting at the right time are so slim, unless they are immortal

Im thinking that this type 2 civ has hyperdrive, or warp drive, or something we humans are still writing sci fi about. If that is true, then by the time we see this megalith on another planet, that civ may have on to develop cloaking techs, etc. They may be watching us to see what we do. Dr. Kaku postulates that most type 0 civs never make it past that because they self destruct. Maybe they want to see what we will do.

Reactions: Mokey and Maphoo
Okay, I'm out. Thanks for the convo! Fun and stimulating as always

Reactions: Maphoo