07.19.15 Art Bell's Midnight in the Desert Test Show

And if that isn't enough......She wrote and sang "Midnight in the Desert" and was so kind as to present it to the gentleman it was written for......,.
YES, Art Bell !!!!!
Thank you Crystal !!!!!!!!

I managed to find that i could use the tunein app on my playstation 3 so I curled up in bed, kicked on the blacklight and listened to my first live show... It was going pretty well until the halfway mark at around 12:30 am central time when it first cut out... needless to say I still very much enjoyed it and look forward to listening some more :) Here's hoping they work out, as one caller refered to them as, "the bugaboos". I'm thinking it may have been the storms there.. but it was not too bad other then the occasional blips here and there and he kept losing what was her name when he hung up on skypers.

Reactions: Seahunter
I am beginning to think they needed more time to iron out the issues.......the day before....might be rushing it
Well, one never knows unless one tries. Personally even with the minor meltdowns I enjoyed this show. I have confidence that issues will be dealt with. I like to think positive.

I think when the connection was good it was some of the best audio I've heard from a streaming radio show. I expect there are going to be a lot of people toiling adding capacity for the 1st show tonight. There is no way to work these things out or configure capacity without doing exactly what happened tonight. There will no doubt be problems for the first month as other bugs and structure flaws are worked out. Overall it was a great test and great show!

I am using the pop up player. sounds great except for Art's feed getting compression/corruption.
Yes, me too. It mostly sounded awesome, however it did occasionally go silent and make popping sounds.

I'm hoping this is because of an unexpected, overwhelming number of listeners!

I don't know, honestly...I think we are all a little confused on that. Unless she's being introduced as a possible fill in host? Just a total guess here.
I hate having a co-host for open lines. It is a terrible idea. I don't like to disagree with Art but she de-railed the show when she came on. Completely messed up the chemistry between callers and Art. Art said on Facebook he understands people hate the idea of a co-host. He also said in the comments section he though people felt this way because they hate change and didn't realize she would be in for only some open lines. She just ruins open lines. Please no more Art.

I hate having a co-host for open lines. It is a terrible idea. I don't like to disagree with Art but she de-railed the show when she came on. Completely messed up the chemistry between callers and Art. Art said on Facebook he understands people hate the idea of a co-host. He also said in the comments section he though people felt this way because they hate change and didn't realize she would be in for only some open lines. She just ruins open lines. Please no more Art.

Agreed.

Redacted added less than nothing to the show.

Perhaps it's worth sending Art an e-mail to artbell@artbell.com and providing some feedback, like I did?

And he knows how to listen and follow up! SO MUCH FRUSTRATION with The Other Guy, who sticks with his scripted questions and lets juicy follow-ups sail right over his head. ARGH. :mad:
You're giving Snoory too much credit. He only sticks to his scripted questions when the guest doesn't use words that send him to dictionary.com. That gets him all flustered, and off script. ;)